Monday, April 6, 2015

God Adopted Us

Hi guys!

I wanted to share something that I've been thinking about for the past few days.

Jesus cares about adoption.

Image result for the cross

     Did you know that Jesus paid the price for our adoption?  When Jesus died on the cross, he paid the price for our sins. Then, three days later, he rose from the dead. Jesus paid the price for our sins so we could be adopted into God's family. We can receive this free gift of salvation if we confess our sins and ask for God's forgiveness. Then we, as Christians, are his children, and he is our Heavenly Father.

Image result for jesus and a child

     God cares about us like a father cares about his child. He wants to have a relationship with us just like a parent wants to have a relationship with their children. That is why God sent Jesus to save us. When we become a child of God, we can have that kind of relationship with God, and we can live forever with him in Heaven one day.


James 1:27 says,

     "Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world."

     Jesus spent most of his ministry on earth teaching his disciples, healing people, and loving the unlovable. We are called to be like Jesus. We are called to show the love of Jesus in everything we do. When we do that, God uses us to draw people to himself. Part of being like Jesus is adopting children just like he adopted us.


     For those of you who have read my blog, you know I love Marla. When I first saw her picture, it broke my heart. I love this girl even though I have never met her. I care about her and I pray that a family will adopt her soon. She needs to get out of the institution. If she doesn't get out soon, she will die. Are you her forever family?

2 comments:

  1. You are a beautiful soul, Cassie. I am so glad you are in the Hester family. I pray for you often and I pray for this precious child.I'm sharing this on my facebook page. Even though most of my friends are past the age for adopting, they may know someone who turns out to be her forever family. Love, Mimi

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are a beautiful soul, Cassie. I am so glad you are in the Hester family. I pray for you often and I pray for this precious child.I'm sharing this on my facebook page. Even though most of my friends are past the age for adopting, they may know someone who turns out to be her forever family. Love, Mimi

    ReplyDelete