Wednesday, April 27, 2016

Thoughts and a Poem

I wanted to share what I've been thinking about today.

For the past few years, we have heard about the deaths of many well known people. (Robin Williams, Michael Jackson, Prince, etc.) These people had everything they ever wanted/needed. They had become famous, and everyone knew their name.

When they died, everyone in America mourned the loss of these people. The news of their deaths spread like wildfire across the news stations, the tabloids, and the internet.

Meanwhile, in other countries around the world, children with disabilities are being neglected and left to die. They are not being cared for because they were born with a disability.

  Marla

Marla is one of those children. She, along with millions of other children around the world, want to know the love of a family.

No, these children are not as popular as the pop stars and the movie celebrities. No, we don't take a moment of silence to pray for them on national television. We pray for them, and we advocate for them, but who will take a step of faith and go adopt them?

(I know a lot of you who read my blog have advocated and adopted kids overseas. Please, keep advocating. Keep adopting.)

God has not forgotten these children. And He has called every Christian to, "look after orphans and widows in their distress." James 1:27 NIV

It is our job to care for the least of these. Yes, the deaths of celebrities is sad, (I hope they asked Jesus into their hearts before they passed away.) but the deaths of these children is also sad.



God made these children to be loved by families. They were not made to lie in beds alone and forgotten. They were made by a Heavenly Father who loves them deeply.

And God does not make mistakes. Many people might look at people with disabilities and think that they are mistakes. God is perfect. He never makes mistakes. He's the one who made the people with Downs Syndrome, HIV, CP, etc.

I also wanted to share another poem that I wrote in the beginning of April. It's called, "Hope in the Lord."

I wrote this poem while I was thinking about a couple of Bible verses. I was meditating on these verses and God gave me the words for another poem. Here are the Scripture verses that I was thinking about.


 Isaiah 40:29-31 NIV
"He gives strength to the weary
And increases the power of the weak.
Even youths grow tired and weary,
and young men stumble and fall;
but those who hope in the LORD
will renew their strength.
They will soar on wings like eagles;
they will run and not grow weary,
they will walk and not be faint."

Philippians 4:13 NIV
"I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength.
"
Jeremiah 29:11 NIV
"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."

"Hope in the Lord"

I want to be like You,
But I don't have the strength
To do Your Will on my own
So You show Your Mercy and Grace
I know You'll help me
I will follow You every day

So I will sing
And I will dance

I will run
And not grow weary
I will walk
And not be faint
I will soar
On wings like eagles
Though I stumble and I fall
I will put my hope in the Lord

God, You know the plans
 That You have for me
I can do everything
Through Christ who strengthens me
Through the cross of Christ
I have been set free

So I will sing
And I will dance

I will run
And not grow weary
I will walk
And not be faint
I will soar
On wings like eagles
Though I stumble and I fall
I will put my hope in the Lord

Everything I do
I will do it for You
Every day I see
How much You love me
With everything I say
I will speak of Your Holy Name

So I will sing
And I will dance

I will run
And not grow weary
I will walk
And not be faint 
I will soar
On wings like eagles 
Though I stumble and I fall
I will put my hope in the Lord
                                     
               Darina            
Please keep sharing and praying that families will adopt Marla, Darina, and all the other orphans in the world.

2 comments: