Saturday, September 29, 2012

They need to be loved too: Autism, DS, HIV

This is a really hard blog post to write. I'll tell you why.

First, let me show you some children. You can click their names to see their profiles.


This is James. He is 11 years old, and he has Asperger's, (which is a type of autism,) and ADHD.

Here are some more children with "symptoms of autism," or "suspicions of autism."



I believe this is William. He has "autism symptoms."


I believe this is Tommy. Both boys are listed together on one profile. Tommy has "developmental delays."



Jenna's profile says "possible autism."



Zeke's profile says "suspicion of autism."



Justine's profile says that she has autism.

Why did I show you these children? You may ask, don't I normally post children with CP? Yes, I normally put on kids with CP, but I felt God saying "Put these children up."

I said in the beginning of this post that this is really hard to write.  This is the reason why.

My brother, who is 7 years old, has ADHD and is on the autism spectrum, just like James. He's extremely smart, (like, beat me in every game of chess kind of smart,) and can remember things very accurately.

I've had a hard time trying to accept my brother the way he is. I'm not going to hide it. There was a period of time when I didn't really want to do anything with him. I always thought it would end in disaster. Now though, I'm slowly learning what I can do with him and what I can't really do with him.

Sometimes playing with my brother can be very fun. One time I was playing pretend with him.We pretended that we were in an arena and I was beating many different monsters. He was being the monsters. One of the monsters was booger babies. (He made those up. lol) I've also jumped on our trampoline with him. A couple times we played the game, "Who's Still Standing," on the trampoline.  (That's a show we liked to watch.) It was really fun. 

Children with autism are special too, not just the children with CP I put up all the time. Everybody's Special means everybody's special, whether you have Autism, CP, DS, HIV, or not.

God allows different things to happen for different reasons. He never once said," Oops, I put an extra chromosome in that girl." Or, "Uh oh, this boy is going to have HIV." No. Everyone was created by God. There is a reason why my brother is the way he is. There is also a reason why you are the way you are. God never makes a mistake.

No comments:

Post a Comment