Sunday, July 8, 2012

Courageous: A Post to the Fathers


Last night my mom and I watched the movie Courageous. If you have never seen this movie, I would definitely recommend it. It's amazing. The main point of the movie is about being a father in your family. Not only that, but being a God loving father, spending time with your children, and teaching your children Godly principles.

Here is the first scene of the movie.



Fathers, wouldn't you do the same for your child? What about a child in another country? The man in the movie held on to the wheel as tight as he could to save his child. Even though he was being beaten by the guy in the drivers seat, he still held on.

What about Jesus? What did he do to save us? Wasn't he beaten, whipped, and nailed onto the cross to save us? He could have said, "No Father, that is to big for me to handle. I'm not going to be able to do this." He could have backed off and said "No way! I'm not going to risk my life to save billions of others!" What did He do instead?

Matthew 26:39
39 Going a little farther, he fell with his face to the ground and prayed, “My Father, if it is possible, may this cup be taken from me. Yet not as I will, but as you will.”


Jesus knew what was going to happen to him; yet He still did it even though it was painful.


What does the last part of the verse say? First He said, "If it is possible, may this cup be taken from me." Then what did He say? "Yet not as I will, but as you will." Aren't God's ways better than ours?


Isaiah 55:8 says


“For my thoughts are not your thoughts,
    neither are your ways my ways,” 
declares the Lord.
“As the heavens are higher than the earth, 
    so are my ways higher than your ways
    and my thoughts than your thoughts.


If we know that God's ways are better than our ways, then why do we hesitate to do what God wants us to do? This is Almighty God telling us that He will take care of us in His Word. God is our helper and provider. He says, "I will never leave you nor forsake you." (Joshua 1:5)

Will you believe it?

The first time I watched the last scene of this movie, I cried. It really touched me. Here it is.





Joshua 1:5-9

No one will be able to stand against you all the days of your life. As I was with Moses, so I will be with you; I will never leave you nor forsake you. Be strong and courageous,because you will lead these people to inherit the land I swore to their ancestors to give them.
“Be strong and very courageous. Be careful to obey all the law my servant Moses gave you; do not turn from it to the right or to the left, that you may be successful wherever you go. Keep this Book of the Law always on your lips; meditate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to do everything written in it. Then you will be prosperous and successful. Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go.”


Please keep praying for these children.



No comments:

Post a Comment