Thursday, August 9, 2012

Fundraiser for Marla

Matthew 6:19
19 “Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moths and vermin destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. 20 But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven,where moths and vermin do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal.


Today the Bible verse in Matthew kept on popping into my mind. What are the treasures in heaven that Jesus was talking about? Are they new cars, new clothes, new shoes, or new houses?

I don't think so.

If they aren't those things, then what are treasures in heaven? I mean, when you die are you going to take your car, house, or clothes with you? No. It's just going to be you. Are the new clothes, shoes, cars, etc going to be in heaven? Probably not. What's going to be in heaven then? People are going to be in heaven. People that were Christians on earth are going to be in heaven. Your mom, dad, aunts, uncles, friends, etc, if they are Christians, are going to be in heaven. Those are the treasures that Jesus was talking about. What about the children you have never seen, but you advocate for? I believe that they will be in heaven too.

All day yesterday I couldn't stop thinking about Marla. She was always on my mind and I was worried about her. Every time I look at her picture my heart keeps on breaking. I still have that feeling of wanting to jump into the computer monitor so I could take her home to love and care for her. Please someone adopt Marla before it's too late! She needs to get out of her orphanage NOW!


When my family and I first started looking at Reeces Rainbow, Marla was one of the first children I looked at. The first time I saw her my heart just broke. I cried and cried for what felt like hours. In reality, I believe I cried for ten minutes. I had my head on my computer desk and I just let the tears fall.

Right now my family and I are doing a fundraiser for Marla. It will go on until September 7th. It is a book auction. Every book has a starting bid and you can bid by writing a comment below the book that interests you. You can click here to see the facebook page. Hardbacks of Hope 4 Marla Her money is just about doubled right now. She had $20 earlier today. It's $38 right now. 

I'm going to be perfectly honest with everyone who reads this post. I love Marla. I don't want to hear or see that she has gone into an institution. I don't believe I will ever stop crying if that happened to her. I would love to see her on the MFFM page on Reeces Rainbow. I can already imagine myself jumping up and down until I'm out of breath because of happiness.

Please pray, blog, and advocate for Marla. She needs our help 


No comments:

Post a Comment